~~~ Loving God and Loving our Neighbour ~~~
The Church of Ireland parishes of Desertlyn and Ballyeglish, Diocese of Armagh
THE CHURCH OF DESERTLYN PARISH
Above: the exterior of St John's Church, built in 1832. For further information on the parish and the history of the church, please click on the sub heading of the main menu 'St John's Church'.
The central photograph shows the nave of the building with its Norman style granite pillars. For details of interior features, please see the photographs to the right.
Marble and stone reredos with the alpha and omega symbols in the central panel.
Stone pulpit, installed in memory of the Hon. and Rev. John Pratt Hewitt, former Rector of the parish. Memorial plaques can be seen in the background.
Pipe organ, built by Conacher of Huddersfield, installed Easter Sunday 2nd April 1893.
A Robert Early, 1858 Irish made stained glass window depicting The Last Supper. After the fire, it was left boarded up until its restoration in 1959.