~~~ Loving God and Loving our Neighbour ~~~

Choir_Practise.jpgPhoto245.jpgPhoto260.jpgYth_Clb_Leaders.jpgAlan_and_Victoria_2.jpgBallyeglish_graveyard.jpgSt_Johns_in_snow.jpg

The Church of Ireland parishes of Desertlyn and Ballyeglish, Diocese of Armagh

Photo378.jpg

DESERTLYN RECTORY

 

Wilson Contracts have now completed the comprehensive programme of works designed by Stephen Leighton, our architect. From stripping out the house of old plaster, ceilings and even in some instances walls and floors, virtually everything has been replaced and renewewed to a very high standard.  The Archbishop led a service at the Rectory to mark its re-opening on the 20th June, followed by refreshments in the hall afterwards. This was the largest refurbishment project on the building since it was first occupied in 1831.

BALLYEGLISH RECTORY

 

Viewed from the side of the church; it can be seen why this site was chosen to build a rectory.  However, this building is also in need of total refurbishment, from its roof to its floors.  Nevertheless, the parishioners are keen to begin the work as soon as possible: this is a highly cherished parish building.

RECTORS OF DESERTLYN

 

1758-1822: Rev. Theodore Martin

1828-1874: Hon & Rev. John Pratt Hewitt

1874-1891: Rev. William Sparrow

1891-1927: Rev. John Robert McKim

 

 

 

RECTORS OF BALLYEGLISH

 

1879-1886: Rev. Edward Fitzhardinge Campbell 

1887-1889: Rev. Joseph Grundy Burton

1889-1895: Rev. John Herbert Kelly

1895-1897: Rev. Edward Daniel Crowe

1897-1901: Rev. Edward Adam Tichborne

1901-1922: Rev. William. Hogarth

 

 

 

RECTORS OF THE UNITED BENEFICE

 

1922-1927: Rev. John Robert McKim

1927-1943: Rev. William Alexander Baird Jackson

1943-1985: Canon Ronald Charles Clifford O'Connor

1986-1994: Rev. Bertram Livingston

1994-2002: Rev. Dr. John Clyde

2003-         Rev. Dr. Adrian Nigel Stringer

                       

ASSISTANT CURATES

(This list is not exhaustive)

 

Desertlyn:

1753-1758: Rev. Theodore Martin

1866-1874: Rev. William Sparrow

 

Ballyeglish:

1866-1869: Rev. Thomas Josiah Jones

1869-1879: Rev. John Richey

 

 

004_-_Copy_%284%29.jpg